- B.S. in Physics, Peking University, 2010
- Ph.D in Applied Physics, Stanford University, 2016
- Photonics Inverse Design & Quantum Optics
- Stanford University, 2018-present, with Jelena Vuckovic
- Creating Inverse-Designed (InvDes) 3D photonic structures for optical communications via physics simulation, optimization and 3D printing.
- Demonstrated 1st InvDes Si photonic devices fabricated by a commercial foundry.
- Combining InvDes mid-/near-IR photonic structures and 2D materials for sensors and modulators.
- Ultrafast Opto-electronics of 2D Materials
- Stanford University & SLAC, 2016-present, with Tony Heinz
- Probing ultrafast electron dynamics in 2D materials via laser-based time-domain THz spectroscopy and physics simulations.
- Building custom instruments and data analysis pipelines to probe optical properties of 2D materials from mid-IR to deep-UV.
- Emerging Electronic States at Boundaries & Domain Walls in Quantum Materials
- Stanford University, 2010-2016, with Zhi-Xun Shen
- Developed the first miliKelvin, time-resolved, optically-coupled and tuning-fork-based Microwave Impedance Microscopy (MIM) to non-invasively probe emerging electronic states in quantum materials with nanometer resolution.
- Discovered the first magnetic insulator with metallic domain walls that can be used as new sensors and non-volatile memories.
- Physics: Deep understanding and extensive hands-on experience in light-matter interaction
- RF & Microwave
- THz & mmWave
- Visible & UV
- Programing: Technical & general computer fluency
- Machine learning and Image processing
- Physics simulations: FDTD, FDFD, FEM, ray-tracing, transfer matrix, SPICE
- Python, Matlab, C++, Git, LabVIEW, CAD, SQL
- Complex problem solving: Designing experiments, running simulations and analyzing data
- Rapid prototyping: Opto-electronics/mechanics, analog/RF circuits, machining
- Communications: Technical writing, reviewing and presenting for general and specialized audience
Services and Others
- Reviewd 80+ times for Science, Nature Physics, Physical Review Letters, ACS Photonics, Nano Letters, Applied Physics Letters, Nature Communications, IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, etc.
- Stanford Ignite, 2018
- Wrote 5+ proposals for NSF, DOE, DOD, Moore, etc.